Sooooo last weekend we decided to sell our house.
In attempt to make a lazy day at home more productive, I suggested to Roger that we paint the interior doors and replace all the light fixtures. One thing lead to another and the next thing we knew a real estate agent was in our kitchen giving us tips and listing possible price points. Soon after that we installed a new garage door, nailed down trim, cleaned every nook and cranny, and BAM our house was up for sale.
Umm... did we really do all that in one week?
Our original plan was to wait until after the wedding, but with Roger commuting two hours every day, it didn't make sense to delay the move for another nine months--especially with winter drawing menacingly near. We love the home we've built together; however, we're both excited for a change of scenery and the prospect of planting our roots somewhere entirely new. We already have our heart set on one particular place--it's somewhat older, executive-looking from the outside, super dated in terms of decor (I'm talking wood paneling on the walls)--in a great neighbourhood with lots of mature trees. The sad news is that we're not the only couple bidding for it. Our offer is conditional on the sale of our home.
As crazy as we may be for listing so quickly, the reality of selling a home is that it doesn't happen right away. It's not unusual to go weeks without getting a serious offer. That being said, we're optimistic about our open house tomorrow--hopefully we get some interest! It'd be lovely to move into a new place (and start renovating!) before Christmas.